You can join as many local business organizations as your budget allows, however, you should always include a NATIONAL membership to your list so you can expand your network outside of Pittsburgh. NAWBO will help you accomplish that goal.
Why Join Nawbo?
NAWBO National and its local chapters across the country provide Women Business Owners a variety of opportunities, products or services that will help their business achieve greater visibility, credibility and profitability.
How? Through Business Opportunities Such As:
- Forging connections with women business owners locally, nationally and internationally to exchange ideas and opportunities.
- Gaining access to certification and procurement opportunities.
- Networking with women representing every industry on a local and national level.
On The Local Level
- NAWBO Pittsburgh provides monthly and quarterly opportunities to network with other Women Business Owners as well as prominent members of the Pittsburgh business and governmental communities.
- NAWBO Pittsburgh provides Women Business Owners professional development opportunities through our prominent local and national speakers
- NAWBO Pittsburgh provides Women Business Owners speaking opportunities to let their own business message to be heard.
- NAWBO Pittsburgh provides Women Business Owners access to Board opportunities.
Most of our memberships most likely fall under 2 types
(National + Pittsburgh Chapter Dues):
- ESTABLISHED BUSINESS OWNER (Voting) ($300 New / $275 Renewal)
For a business owner who has been in business for more than two years. A regular voting category, member receives all communications and publications, is eligible for all discounts and benefits, and is listed in the online member directory. Chapter membership is automatic for those whose businesses are located in a chapter area. To qualify for membership, members must own a percentage of their company.
- EMERGING BUSINESS OWNER (Non-Voting) ($250 New / $225 Renewal)
For a new business owner (in business for two years or less). A non-voting category limited to two years, member receives all communications and publications, is eligible for all discounts and benefits, and is listed in the online member directory.
Other membership levels include:
- AT-LARGE MEMBER (Voting) $220 new/$195 renewal
A business owner whose business and residence are not located within a Chapter’s organization territory. A member in this classification has one (1) vote and is under the supervision of NAWBO. All voting members must belong to a chapter of NAWBO if one exists in their area.
- STUDENT MEMBER (Non-Voting)* $150 new/$125 renewal
An individual who is a student registered full-time at a school or university, who subscribes to the objective of NAWBO and has interest in a future in entrepreneurship. This category is NOT available online; and any application submitted to the National office without chapter approval will be denied.
- SUPPORTING MEMBER (Non-Voting)* $200 new/$175 renewal
An Individual who subscribes to the objectives of NAWBO and wishes to lend support to NAWBO through membership. Members in this classification shall not constitute more than 10% of the voting membership of a chapter. Membership applications in this category must be submitted directly to the Pittsburgh chapter for approval. This category is NOT available online; and any application submitted to the National office without chapter approval will be denied.
- SUSTAINING MEMBER (Voting) $350 new/$325 renewal
For a business owner as defined in the NAWBO Policies and Procedures and is a Chapter member or an At-Large member who wishes to support the organization in a larger monetary way and gain additional benefits. A member in this classification has one (1) vote.
1. Please save the WORD Doc membership form to your PC. (Right click link and choose “Save Link As” to save Doc form to your computer)
2. Fill out form and email form back to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Within 3-5 business days, Your membership app will be reviewed by the NAWBO Pittsburgh board
4. Once approved, you will be contacted and sent a PayPal invoice based on the total.
For your convenience, you can pay in 1 payment or 2 payments
5. Our Membership chair will contact you to go over how to make the most of your membership, upcoming new members mixers and other information to help you start your journey with NAWBO!